small changes to start off 2015

Home design can certainly be BIG time and grand in scale but truthfully I would say 80% of home design is a series of small changes made over a course of time to create a story that says something about you!

Who doesn't like a small change that can be accomplished in a day, doesn't break the bank and leaves you feeling like you have created something in your home that makes you smile?

Below are a few ways you can make small changes.

1.  My daughter gave me this mini terrarium for Christmas and I have to say I just LOVE it!  Small, sweet, easy to maintain and such a bright pop of color this time of year.



2.  I am tickled with these 3 pillar candles I picked up at Crate and Barrel (on sale) just after Christmas and I love the faux bark affect.  I placed them on my slice of log and surrounded them with  small votives and 3 pinecone sprigs left over from Christmas for a Winter centerpiece.  The candles are lit each night for dinner and I am thinking I will definitely get the Winter out of them!  



3. These LED lights were all the rage this holiday season and for good reason!  I have decided to leave 2 sets out and plunked them in a glass vase with bright green moss at the bottom for a festive and bright mantel arrangement.



4.  These gold "sputnik" like orbs are a fashionable design addition to any space.  They come in 3 sizes and can be placed on tabletop or hung on the wall.  I have one sitting on a stack of books on a side table but also love them on a gallery wall.  Available at No. 299.



5.  Customers always ask me how to store the boxwood wreaths as in--they will be put away after Christmas is over.  I don't.  I re-purpose them to bring brightness into my home.  This little guy just found a new home hanging from the mirror on my front hall mail table.  You know how things look so empty when you remove holiday decor?  Well this area was pathetic, crying out for help.


Do you have small design changes you have made?  
I want to hear about them! 


Comments

Popular Posts