choose positive

I have been doing a lot of thinking about my attitude and how much it can affect my daily life.  I have decided to make a conscious effort to choose positive.

I am married to an optimist and this you would think should be a HUGE help and mostly it is but do you ever find yourself thinking or feeling that if they are always going for it then someone has got to rein it in?

Kinda like both parents can't be fun, one of us has to be the serious one?  But then I realized that means I am the one loosing out because walking around with a "glass is half empty" attitude stinks!

We all have the ability to wake up each day and choose, right?

I realized that I spent WAY too much time complaining and whining.  It may be something as simple as  the weather or having to go grocery shopping but each of those complaints could just have easily taken a positive spin.

Wouldn't it be better to count our blessings and look on the bright side of things?  And not just for each of us as individuals but for everyone around us.

I have created a chalk board on the wall of the store to use for inspiration.  See below for the details on creating it.  

And this is what I have written on it today....


Now I am busy thinking about where in my house I can create this.  Kitchen or mudroom would be my first choice but I have no wall space in my kitchen and no mudroom so second floor hallway is my top contender at the moment.  Where would you put it?

chalk board 101
I used an old gold-gilded frame that I picked up at the flea market but you could use any size or finish frame.  I figured out where I wanted the frame to lay on the wall by holding it up with my hand.  While holding it up with one hand I used the other hand to lightly outline the corners of the frame with a pencil.  Put the frame to the side and using painters tape and the pencil marks as your guide tape up the rectangle using 4 pieces of tape and going a smidgen wider than the marks.  I found a navy chalk paint at the craft store and applied 2 coats.  I like the look of a "seasoned" chalk board and this you can do by rubbing a piece of chalk the long way across the whole board/area and then I go over it with the palm of my bare hand to rub it in.  It gives it a much more vintage, schoolhouse kind of look.  Hang your frame and you are ready to be inspired!  I strung a set of lights around the frame for some extra fun.



Comments

Popular Posts