Ta-Da!


The long Queen Anne sideboard looks amazing! 

I've placed it in my dining room to photograph it, lighting down in my workshop is not great.
The color is Paris Grey, but it reads a bit more light blue in my photos.
This beauty measures
66 inches wide, 19.5 inches deep and 37 inches high.
Loads of storage including the drawer with dividers (see pic below), two cabinets on each side and then another
2-door cabinet on the bottom.



I have used the original hardware which given its age has worn to a perfect patina, oil rubbed bronze in feel.  The trim work has been distressed as you can see here below. 


 Most sideboards work hard so to protect it for the long haul I've finished off the piece with a coat of
clear, matte furniture wax. 

When you run your fingers over it WOW, its super smooth and silky! 
You can almost see the finish in this pic below.


Felt-lined drawer speaks to the 1940's age and quality of the original craftsmanship, gotta love old things.


Hope you like, I know I do and its lookin' pretty darn good in my dining room right now....Hmmmmm  sell or keep??!!??

Comments

Popular Posts