Sunday reboot

I love Sunday and not for the reasons you may think.  Yes I love that I don't have to set my alarm, I love having a day off from work and I love the slow pace of the day but mostly I love the opportunity to reboot my creative brain.

Inspiration can come from anywhere but mostly I find it strikes best when we move in a different direction.  

Yesterday I took a field trip with my daughter to the Stratford Antiques Center a few towns north of me.  Its a large warehouse filled with individual booths.  Little snippets of creativity.  Each booth has its own vision.  Some line up with my esthetic some not so much but either way it opens my mind and eyes to things outside my day to day wheel house.

As a store owner I can appreciate all the hard work and thought that goes into a well styled vignette and this booth knocked it out of the park.  ThornHill Home is a local Fairfield genius.  I hope to meet her in person soon!  

I did take that black tray home with me yesterday.





There is just something about old books with the perfect patina and color.  These are perfecto!



I have never been very good at keeping up with my silver polishing and it's because I prefer the tarnished look...it tells a story of it's past and hard work.  




And I never tire of black and white pops in any design formula.  This one below is lovely.


My daughter spied this booth and artist.  Most of her works were acrylic on book covers.  Hey why not?!  


We decided we could have stared at these paintings and colors all day long.





This booth... covet antiques & vintage goods....made great use of her booth with goodies tucked everywhere.  These pieces were under the distressed bench.  


I am a collector of clocks and this old enamel face caught my eye.


This shelving piece pulled together pieces of similar color and against the black frame it really pops.


These silver planters were show stoppers for me.  Flat on one side they mount on the wall.  Inside the planter is a metal tray to hold and contain the dirt and plants.  I may need to go back and buy these for my dining room and fill with succulents or herbs.  


I am thinking that this pair of vintage trellis' painted a slate blue would be a wonderful addition to the store.  They are tall...perfect for my high ceilings.  

I need to measure first but keep your eye peeled at the store for these beauties!


Corbels just get me...hook line and sinker...everytime!  
Vintage architectural details just scream history and interest to me.


This lamb candy mold....just pure vintage sweetness.


What do you do to re-charge your creative brain?

Comments

Popular Posts