Orange...I am trying

I will admit that I have no orange anywhere in my home.  
And with the exception of Halloween do-dads I don't do orange at the store either.  

But Fall in Connecticut makes me waiver a bit.

I recently went out on a limb and ordered a Lands Down Under herringbone throw in orange for the store.  Some customers have described it more of an orange-iscle shade but I must say its cheery and a fun pop of color.

a peek at the store display with the herringbone throw

























I have seen lots of design inspiration lately in the home magazines touting orange as the POP color.  And while this is not a new concept, they are right (again). 

It works.  

Sometimes it takes an uncomfortable step in another direction to be able to take a second look.

I am stepping.

my kitchen counter

























When I lay it out in my mind orange is wonderful when paired with woods or charcoal gray shades or even navy and white.   (Annie Sloan's Graphite which I wrote about in a recent post would be delish!)

And this new wood bead orange tassel necklace sold in a nano-second at the pop-up shop we are running for 6 weeks.  

























I would love to say stay tuned for how I have transformed my home using orange but I am not sure I can safely say that.  But don't they say talking is the first step to dealing with things?!

Comments

Popular Posts