sweet little chair

Last summer my husband brought this chair home.  

It was a medium tone wood frame with a pale floral upholstered seat.  It was sweet but not quite me.

After dragging my heals for much too long it's ready to come to the store.


I recently used this fabric for another vintage chair.  I love the classic color combo but paired with the  spunky pattern it feels fresh and new.  And then pair that with an older frame and well, for me it just works.

I painted this frame Annie Sloan French Linen but when I was done it felt flat.  I had such high hopes for this sweet thing and I was disappointed.  I must have kept it in my dining room, without the cushion on it for 2 weeks just looking at it and trying to figure out what it needed.

On Mother's Day I brought out my tin of Annie Sloan Dark Wax and a rag.  Talk about adding dimension!  It woke this sweet chair right up!

I love little one-off chairs like this.  Place it in a walk in closet, in a large bathroom, in a bedroom or at a vanity.....really they can live anywhere.




Comments

Popular Posts