My Gratitude List

Twice in my life I have kept a gratitude journal.

Once after our first child was born and I was suffering from post partum blues and currently.

Back in 1997 I got the idea from Oprah and loved that although my days felt hard and I was tired the list helped me to see that I still had so much to be grateful for in my life.  
I recently found the notebook with this list and was embarrassed how many times I wrote fudge ripple ice cream!

Now I just love how it keeps me grounded.  
Sure, most of us could look around us and say, "she has more or she does that or she is so lucky" but really we are all lucky you just have to look around and see what's right 
in front of you.

Consider the small things in life....a little one who still likes to give hugs, the chance to say good morning to your teenager, a kind look from your spouse...and you will realize it's how you approach it.

When I saw these little journals with the beautiful illustrations on the front and back I was so happy!



I may just carry one in my purse so I don't have to write reminders on crumpled up grocery receipts or maybe I will have 2...one by my bedside for my nightly ritual and one in the purse.  

I realize its rather old fashioned to write, pen to paper, but there is something very soothing about it 
at the end of the day.  You should give it a try!

My 16 year old daughter gave a sigh of delight when she saw me unpack these, hopefully there will be enough to go around!

Find these and other fun gifts and goodies at the 
June No. 299 sale.

June 12th-15th
9-4 daily 
9-1 Saturday

299 Toilsome Hill Road
Fairfield, CT


Comments

Popular Posts