The Bathroom That Almost is

Do you ever have one of those projects?  

The one that you are SO excited about....the one that makes you plot, plan and research and keeps you up at night?

Well our little 3rd floor bathroom under the eaves was this kind of project for me until very recently.

Right now it looks like this...

Yes, that is a mirror sitting in the tub and that is green sheet rock.  

A few months ago it was all gangbusters.  

New walls, new floor, a painted claw foot tub, new electrical outlet and over head lights all went up.  But then our plumber ended up in the hospital and that put a delay on the water getting hooked back up and the claw foot tub getting put back into its place.  So I did what any renovation-crazy lady does, I paid the handyman extra to install the toilet because who wants to wait? 

And then the plumber got better and we booked a time but that turned into 2 weeks of "I will be there today" and further delays.  

So, you can see where this is going.  

Slowly, very slowly I lost my love for this project.  And it didn't help that my youngest, who moved his bedroom up to the 3rd floor a few months back wasn't using the new toilet at ALL.  Still not really sure why.

But the real snafu came when the plumber finally arrived and informed me that new fixtures I ordered for the claw foot tub were wall mount, not tub mount.  And that darn Amazon Prime....I was past the point of returning them.  So said plumber said look for parts to adapt them.  Eventually I found them after many unpleasant calls.  Oh, but guess what?  They are back ordered until end of August.  Can you hear the brakes screeching to a halt AGAIN???

As you can see from the picture above the little bathroom under the eaves is in need of paint but neither my husband or I want to sand the sheetrock and paint (summer, 3rd floor, hot) and the tub is patiently waiting to be finished.  

What started out as an exciting, small project has turned into a sad, slow project.

I am hopeful that cooler weather and a parts delivery will put a kick in my step and as I write this my fingers are crossed. ;)


Comments

Popular Posts