Easter Brunch

Hard to believe that Easter is just a week away.  

We will be hosting my parents and my brother and his wife, along with 2 of our 3 kiddos it brings us to 8 total.  It's a small and very manageable number.  

It's a one-table holiday!

I am fond of brunches, mostly because I am less of a savory  more of a sweet person and I love the idea of eating french toast for lunch.  And then by 6 pm my kitchen is clean and I am happy!

I have some favorites that I typically like to pull out and this Easter will be business as usual.

French Toast Casserole
Frittata with shallots, asparagus and red pepper
Arugula Salad with sesame dressing, goat cheese, toasted almonds and Strawberries
Pumpkin Bread
Assorted Scones

My mouth is watering just writing about the menu....YUM!

What I really love about this holiday is that I don't have to decorate the house, buy presents, cook for days or stay up past my bedtime.

Other than the french toast puff which I will make a day or 2 ahead of time, the rest can be prepped and made just before we eat.  There are no complicated recipes to follow and I can even talk and cook at the same time!

I can't tell you how many times I have been asked for this recipe...it's a keeper so make sure to put it in your book with your other favorites.

Sesame Dressing
6 Tbls. Rice Wine Vinegar
2 Tbls. Sesame Oil
1/2 c. Canola Oil
2-3 Tbls. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground pepper

I also love it in the winter with crumbled gorgonzola cheese, dried cranberries and chopped apples.  And it works with spinach, arugula and even romaine.

Happy Easter!




Comments

Popular Posts