speechless

This morning I made my way over to the Designer Showhouse on the Green to tie up some loose ends. ( For those of you who have read my blog before know I am about to open a 6-week pop up shop on the site of the Fairfield, CT Showhouse.)  

The "church" ladies in charge asked me if I wanted to peek inside.  Seriously, do I want to peek inside?  Ah, hell yeah!

The house rendered me SPEECHLESS 
and that is not easy to do.

The house was so incredibly inspiring I was tempted to pull a 2-year old hissy fit and stomp my feet and never leave.  There were tid-bits of goodness in every direction that I couldn't possibly take it all in during the course of a 5-minute self led tour.  

This was seriously not fair.  

I wanted to turn on all the light fixtures, lay on the carpets, sit on the couches, run my fingers over every coffee-table topper and stare at the artwork over and over.  And I haven't even touched upon to the flooring, the bathrooms and amazing colors yet.

The team of designers involved in this project KNOCKED it out of the park!  How could one house have so much beauty and richness and gorgeous-ness?  

All I know is if you don't get your butt over to the Designer Showhouse on the Green in downtown Fairfield, CT you will be sorry.  Opening day is Saturday September 19th and it runs thru Sunday October 25th.  

While I am sure I would be in BIG trouble if I went into any kind of picture sharing or design detail here on the blog I will leave you with a few thoughts to keep in mind when you do tour the showhouse.

1.  Make sure you leave PLENTY of time to do so.  This house is so full of inspiring design elements you will need time to process and view and we are too old for a hissy fit.

2.  WALL ART.  I loved the variety of shapes,  sizes and textures, make sure you see it ALL!

3.  Light switches.  Enough said!

4.  WALLS.  Take careful note of a rich variety of wall treatments and covers.

5.  Light fixtures.  Look up and do not miss any of them!

Typically in a designer show house there are some spaces you love and could easily dream about transporting into your own home and there are others you aren't as fond of but don't pass thru those rooms too quickly.  Every room is CHOCK FULL and contains layers and layers of incredible texture, color and details.

Visit me in the No. 299 pop up boutique in the back and tell me what you thought!

For more info on the Showhouse visit www.showhouseonthegreen.org

Comments

Popular Posts