small works of art

I am a full fledged sucker for small pieces of artwork.  Perhaps it because I can never afford the big stuff, or maybe I just love tucking a small bit of happiness in unexpected places...I am not really sure.

This door connects my kitchen and dining room.  The painting (done on a piece of wood) was a thank you from my hubby's college roommate Morgan Russell.  
I love how bright and cheery it is, even when its cold outside.  www.dmorganrussell.com



I unearthed this 3x3 little watercolor at an estate sale and tucked it into the preserved boxwood wreath that hangs on another door in my kitchen.


This Mary Gregory piece titled "Sun Shower" is an 
8x8 reproduction printed on canvas and i love 
that it sits a-top a 4 inch deep reclaimed wood box 
made by Mary's husband.  
What a great sight to witness each time I leave my house.
(Good news here is No. 299 will soon be selling her work.)


Although not fancy, this framed print is fun and sits on a shelf in the bar.


Another sweet piece from our friend Morgan Russell 
I love how it peeks out of a secretary in our living room.


And this small 3x3 on canvas was given to me by my dear friend and local artist Priscilla Igram for one of my birthdays.


Left over from a recent visit, this 1x2 inch stamp 
will find a sweet spot once I figure out how to frame it.


And one more Priscilla Igram original.


Comments

Popular Posts