Give Thanks!

In a little more than a week I will be hosting 23 family members for Thanksgiving.  

I do love to cook and I have been scouring my food magazines for the last month looking for fun, new recipes to incorporate into the more or less traditional day BUT truthfully its the decor that gets me revved up!

I keep thinking about my tables...3 will fit into my normally single table dining room and I am thinking each will have its own theme or decor.   This works well with the 3+ sets of china I have and the different sets of placemats and chargers I own.

The footed bowl of Champagne Mist painted walnuts may re-locate to a reclaimed wood try with glass votives nestle in as table #1 decor.  (so easy....i bought spray paint at Home Depot and a large bag of walnuts at the grocery store and layed them out on a piece of cardboard and sprayed away...once dry I flipped them over and sprayed again)


Table #2 is a kids table and I am thinking of rolling out a sheet of kraft or white paper across it and putting votives filled with fresh crayons on the table.

This piece of birch wood I found today at a craft store may be the start to table #3 along with these glittery pine cone sprays I will be selling at the No. 299 holiday sale.



But really I will work hard to remind myself of all the many people and things I have in my life that I am truly thankful for and right now I am thankful for a big family that is happily volunteering to bring many things to help my cause!

One of my home-made chalk boards will be on display in the dining room with words of wisdom.


Mark your calendars for the No. 299 holiday sale
December 4th-7th
9-4 daily
299 Toilsome Hill Road, Fairfield, CT

All welcome!

Comments

Popular Posts