My obsession with doors!

I don't know what it says about me that I find doors so interesting?

Of course they have to be unique or charming or beautifully crafted or have amazing hardware that catches the eye and if I can check the box on any of the above I am sold!

I was taken by these doors while touring the Amalfi Coast of Italy last year...


same door up close...


I love the arched entry and gate... 


This was the entrance to our hotel in Ravello, high gloss green doors leading to set of interior glass doors overlooking the mountains and the sea...


This was a hotel entrance on the island of Capri....



An entrance to a very old church in Ravello the interior door (brown) was about 10 inches thick...


And these were in Rome....


 I LOVE the color and hardware here, especially the placement of the door knobs...


And here are the doors to my recently renovated master bath,
the original door was cut in half and re-hinged.


Hardware from an extra door was used to make a pair.
I love the original key hole and it's cover.


Another unique detail, all bathroom and kitchen doors use stainless/milk glass 
on the inside of the room and brass on the outside.




Comments

Popular Posts