Surprising Garden Treasures

This summer I carved out a small area in a garden bed to plant some veggies.  

I have always been the sort of gal who prefers contained 
(i.e. easy) pots of herbs.  The whole planting, watering, farmer-girl thing wasn't really appealing to me.

I forged ahead and bought 3 tomato plants, 2 cucumbers, 2 red pepper and some varieties of lettuce.

You can imagine my surprise when it all started to grow....


And actual veggies started to pop up.....


The tag on these 2 plants (top and bottom) said cukes but I'm not so sure at this point.


Now that they are yellow and growing wide I think cucumbers they are NOT!


I have SO many tomatoes I might have to make my own marinara.


and the red pepper turns out to be a green pepper...
I guess that's what you get for buying at Home Depot!

So fun to get fresh greens from the back yard

I am tickled with my summer crop and I am already thinking about what else I can add for next summer.

Save the Date

September 18th-21st is the next No. 299 sale
9-4 daily 
9-12 Sat

299 Toilsome Hill Road
Fairfield, CT



Comments

Popular Posts