Looking forward to looking up

It has been a whirlwind these past few months in our house.  Starting back in August and straight thru to now.

Shipped oldest off to first year of college, celebrated hubby's 50th b-day, launched a 6-week pop-up store at a local Designer Showhouse, prepped for holiday at the store, launched a holiday kiosk at the local mall and well let's just say its been head down and GO for a few months now.

The other night I walked into the den to plunk down with my youngest and hubby to watch a movie and I saw both of them entranced in their iPhones.  We sat watching the movie and even George Clooney wasn't enough to keep my attention as I too looked at my phone and tracked the oldest and her path home from college thru some app my 12 year old set up for me on my phone.

So after Christmas Eve day is over and the store is closed, my goal is to LOOK UP, not into my phone checking texts or posting another Instagram pic or listing store hours on Face book or editing another fun image to post.....I promise myself to LOOK UP at the wonderful things right in front of my face.

And I know this will be hard to abide by, even for myself because I know we live in a world of instant everything courtesy of our hand dandy phones.

But I will do my best to try!

Happy Holidays to everyone who has had a role in helping my little business stretch and grow.  I am looking forward to continuing it all after a week of LOOKING UP and some much needed rest.

xoxo  Jackie


Comments

Popular Posts