kitchen pendants are up!

In 2 previous posts I talked about the little kitchen project I was working on in my own house.  Ugly step-sister cabinet and drawers were painted with my friend Annie Sloan and new brass pulls were added.  All good.  But and here is where I have been in a major holding pattern, the 2 pendants in the kitchen were my BIG issue.  

One of the posts talked about all the options and ones I even purchased but disappointment sent them back to Crate and Barrel.  My goal with the pendants was 1.)  replace the black ones that were there and really sticking out now that the other things had changes.  2.) work to tie in the brass influx and still be able to live harmoniously with the range, hood and fridge, all stainless.

I mentioned a pair of old fishing baskets that I picked up at the flea market and had been collecting dust in my basement for some time.

I am happy to report that tonight they got hung!



I took the rustic stainless-looking baskets and gave the solid bands or rims a light coat of a champagne spray paint.  Next I used a Martha Steward gold leaf craft paint to dab on a bit more gold hoping to create a more layered, not-so-perfect effect.  The light kit I bought from Home Depot.  It has an antique brass finish.


Patrick, our awesome Electrician, was able to cut holes in the basket to fit the light component and then we measured and he worked his magic.  


I love how fixtures leave a shadow on the ceiling.  Next stop is the lighting store to get the proper bulbs. Edison or the bulb with the covered bottom?


Most people won't notice the tie in between the brass pulls and the new pendants but I will and that will make (already does) me happy!


Comments

Popular Posts