getting the itch

It's like clock work and it never fails.  

The minute the temperature drops here in Connecticut and we head into Fall I get the itch.  

It strikes when I am putting my kids clothes away and see 12 t-shirts that I KNOW no longer fit or when I open the linen closet and have trouble fitting bath towels into their proper spot because its a mess in there and I KNOW we have too many towels.  

It also strikes when I walk into my living room and feel it needs something new and fresh or when I look at bookshelves and want to re-work them.

So while the kids drawers have been cleaned out and the "hand-me-down" pile is a no-brainer, the living room makes me ponder.  I recently got some new preserved boxwood pots into the store and I love their crispness and their ability to morph into any season.


I also have my eye on some new bar ware that arrived to the store last week.  I am thinking a set of stemless wine glasses with our house number etched in black will spruce up my bar.


And I am patiently waiting for the faux fur pillows to arrive to the store, fur is everywhere this season and what a fun way to try it out at home!

And it's definitely time to change out my scented candle assortment to something more rich and heavy and Fall-like.  Gilded Amberleaf is a new scent from Illume Candle Company and its arriving soon.  Its complex and sophisticated and has layers of notes that say cozy, bohemian yet upscale and each time I smell it I unearth something new.

The one thing I am still undecided about is my mantle.  Is it the preserved boxwood topiaries I mentioned before or do I opt for an assortment of glass votives in varying heights?  Stay tuned!

Stop into No. 299 design gallery to see what new goodies catch your eye!

Comments

Popular Posts