warming up to brass and gold

I am fresh off the New York Gift Show and like a child dreaming of Christmas morning I can't stop thinking of all the wonderful things I saw on my 2-day journey.

It was clear to me that one of the trends in home decor (elsewhere too) is the influence of warmer tones with brass and golds leading the way.  While brass has been around forever it's clearing popping up in a more current and interesting way this season.

I saw warm, brass hues used to trim glass votives...

I saw the old desk paperweight reworked into something fun and current...

I saw gold woven into ponchos...

I saw gold printed on tall, slender champagne flutes...


And I saw gold (for the first time in many years) more prevalent than mercury glass in holiday decorations...

But what I found the most interesting is that when I returned to No. 299 design gallery the vintage pieces that I have been staring at for the last 2 months suddenly POPPED...



Fall and all the new goods can't come soon enough for this design diva!
New pieces will be arriving to No. 299 design gallery shortly.

No. 299 design gallery
318 Villa Avenue
Fairfield, CT  06825
Tues-Sat  10-5








Comments

Popular Posts