New Year, New Color

Each year a new Pantone color is identified and 2013's color of the year is EMERALD green.

Ever since I read about it I have had green on the brain.  Not a bad thing when green is one of your favorite colors.  And since I have been wanting to do some work on my dining room I have become obsessed with trying to incorporate green into my design plan.

While I love the use of emerald in design I don't think it will work in my own home so I have taken the liberty of choosing my own shade of green, a bit brighter....its Ben Moore's Vine Green.   I toyed with the idea of totally "going for it" and using this bright green on drapes or even walls (e-gad!) I have thankfully decided it would be way too much and have opted to use it on a smaller scale as an accent and paint the vintage wood bench that gets pulled up for extra seating Spring grass.

For the walls I have chosen Peaceful Gray, a Behr color that I found a while back and always loved...it's grey with hint of putty in it.  The bay window will feature a geometric grey/cream patterned fabric.  All of it is still in the works but I did get the bench painted.






And I am hoping and praying that the room will come together as it looks in my head!



Mark your calendars for the next No. 299 sale.....
March 20-22nd.  

Comments

Popular Posts