Lovin' the Look!

About a year ago I painted a tall dresser pale grey with a wide navy stripe down the middle.  It has since sold but before it did I posted the picture on one of my boards on Pinterest and have since gotten MANY repins.  So I know I am not alone when I say I LOVE the look of navy mixed with really anything!

 Some recent shelter mags have piqued my interest with multiple mentions of navy.  

One in particular had designers talking about their favorite color to paint furniture...Ben Moore's Hale Navy was featured as a color to be used for a foyer chest....beautiful!  This inspiration led me to the paint store and I promptly got to work on another tall mahogany dresser for my March sale.  This time I went with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White and did the drawer fronts in the 
Hale Navy.....

I haven't distressed the body of it but was SO excited about the finished look I couldn't resist putting the drawers in (a few anyway) to see the combo.  
I couldn't be happier!


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE 
the antique hardware against the navy and the contrast 
of the cream...sophisticated, classic, crisp, gorgeous.

I know in an earlier post I said I was thinking boys room but now I see this piece going anywhere in the house.
Mark my words, you will be seeing this Hale Navy again!

p.s.  did you notice the casters on the feet?  One of my favorite dresser details.



Comments

Popular Posts