How to Fill a 5-week Boutique

In my previous post I talked about my sleep-less nights thinking about the look for the upcoming No. 299 boutique.  While the "look" of the space feels like its coming together filling it with merchandise is a whole nother ball of wax!

I have begun filling a notebook with lists of goods and placing orders.

Because the Show House spans both September and October I feel I should have some holiday-ish items for those early shoppers who like to have the whole Xmas thing wrapped up (figuratively) before Thanksgiving.  So while the boutique will offer lots of gift-ables there will be some home holiday decor too.

I am excited to launch a new scented candle line.  The vessel is cool and a bit edgy but the gold accents will allow them to land in any space and feel right at home.  I chose four scents that sound wonderful!  And you may be thinking "I am so done with candles" but can I tell you how many I sell?!  They are an inexpensive way to improve your mood AND your home decor so keep an open mind please.

Of course I will have a selection of wall art with Mary Gregory front and center.  Her Birch Tree image screams fall and New England so I will be sure to have plenty of those on hand.

And then there will be loads of other goodies to round out the selection, lanterns, rustic buckets, planters, urns all filled with mums and ready for the front stoop and mirrors in different shapes and sizes, black boards and wire baskets and wood trays.  Plus, new plaid scarves and up-cycled totes made from military tarps and tents and a new offering of faux boxwood wreaths for outdoor use.

Hopefully I have given away enough juicy details to wet your whistle!

Time to get back to work.  

Comments

Popular Posts