Frames Galore!

I love old frames. 

Most people admire a work of art for what's inside but I tend to look past the art and focus on the frame.  I love old frames with lots of detail.  My mind is busy figuring out what I can make with the frame or what color I will be painting it.  
In the old days, "pre-kids", when we lived in NYC I would hang empty frames on the apartment wall...just as long as they were interesting in detail.   Today it's not much different.  Here are some frames I found on a recent outing pre and post the paint job. 




The small one up front I didn't dare paint because it had just the perfect amount of patina to the stain and interior gold rim...a finish like that takes years to acquire.

I think these beauties are getting chalk board inserts...the small beauty would look great hanging on the outside of my powder room door with "The Loo" written in script!

Comments

Popular Posts